Meopta is an international company with a long rich tradition of developing, manufacturing and assembling world class optical, opto-mechanical and optoelectronic products. From precision medical and scientific instruments to digital cinematic projectors, aerospace technologies, military weapon systems and consumer sports optics, Meopta’s unparalleled experience allows it to design, engineer and manufacture a diverse array of high quality products across a broad spectrum of markets and industries, making it a global leader in the optical field. Meopta operates in both the United States and the Czech Republic.
Join us in creating "A better view of the world"! We are currently looking for a new colleague for the following position:
Do you want to see your idea work in a product for semicon or military industry?
Do you have knowledge in physics and optics, or are familiar with a software for optical design?
If you enjoy research & development tasks, then join our optical design team in the Czech Republic!
What will be your role?
- Development and design of optical systems (binoculars, spotting scopes, riflescopes, night vision, digital projectors, wafer inspection modules, lithographic objectives, medical devices etc.)
- Specification of production tolerances
- Communication with the customers or suppliers about technical specifications on global scale, teleconferences, providing technical support during business trips
- Cooperation on grant and other science-research projects
- Collaboration with colleagues and other teams (development of measurement methods, programming, optical and mechanical design etc.)
What are the preferred qualifications?
- University degree in a technical field (optics, applied physics, physical engineering, fine mechanics...), or experience in optical design
- Knowledge of geometrical optics and physics
- Knowledge of optical design software (Zemax, Code V, VirtualLab...)
- Fluent English or Czech language
- Technical mindset, proactive and creative approach, team player skills
What else would be nice to know?
- Numerical methods (Mathematica, Matlab, Python)
- Applied optics and optical measuring methods
- Design of opto-mechanical devices
What do we offer?
- Inspiring work in an international work environment, the opportunity to cooperate with our foreign partners all around the world
- Unusual work with unique technologies in the optical industry, the support of our own development center
- Cooperation with universities and research institutions
- Quarterly and yearly bonuses
- 5th week of extra payed vacation time, flexible working hours
- Ability to work part time during the finishing stage of the studies
- Meal allowance, pension allowance, various discounts (Meopta products, cinema, hobby market, pharmacy, mobile service etc.)
- Support for further education in the field or foreign language, Employee scholarship programs
- The possibility of contribution for commuting or housing expenses
- Support and growth opportunities in a company with more than 2300 employees
- LOCATION: Přerov (Olomouc region), Czech Republic
To send your CV click on "Odpověďět" button and fill out a short questionnaire.
KontaktMeopta - optika, s.r.o.
750 02 Přerov
Telefon: 739 244 553